If you intend to shoot films than you must get approval from the Bhutan InfoComm and Media Authority (BICMA). Applications are to be submitted at least 30 days in advance along with following details:
- Synopsis of the film-theme/background/objective/purpose
- Specific locations/objectives/activities
- Duration of filming activity in the country
- Composition of the team and list of equipment, accessories/consumables
- Letter of recommendation from the sponsoring agency, company profit and resume
You should pay some royalty as per the Bhutan Filming Regulation.
|Type of films||Royalty|
|Commercial/Feature Films||US$ 10,000|
|Music Video||US$ 3,000|
|TV Series (per episode)||US$ 3,000|
In addition, a security deposit of US$ 2,000 will have to be deposited to BICMA on a refundable basis.
Please note that photography in certain Monasteries and sacred places in Bhutan is prohibited.